Activated charcoal is one of the health and wellness industry’s most interesting trends. Not only is this supplement good for your detoxing, but it also does wonders for your skin and teeth. Activated charcoal can be found in a wide variety of wellness products from teas & wellness shots and toothpaste & face wash. Similar to other superfoods, the health benefits of activated charcoal are rooted in ancient remedies used to detoxify the body. Its powerful cleansing and detoxifying properties are what make activated charcoal a wellness superstar today.
Be sure to consult your doctor about supplements you’re taking – that way, your doctor can check on any potential side effects or interactions with medications, foods, or other herbs and supplements. Ingesting activated charcoal is not meant to be done regularly, so follow the instructions on all labels.
What is Activated Charcoal?
Activated charcoal is an ancient supplement that has been used for centuries in order to naturally eliminate harmful toxins from our bodies and reduce bloating. The idea of activated charcoal is unusual, but it’s made by burning wood and other natural materials like coconut shells. The charcoal is considered to be activated when it reaches extremely high temperatures that creates ultrafine particles. When ingested, these ultrafine particles bind to toxins, preventing the toxins from being absorbed into the body. The body is unable to absorb charcoal, so it gets expelled in the feces. In addition to being able to naturally detoxify the body, charcoal has been used by doctors to treat patients who have recently overdosed (and that the overdose is still likely in the stomach, not the bloodstream).
What are the Health and Beauty Benefits of Activated Charcoal?
- The most obvious but most important benefit is activated charcoal’s ability to detoxify the body.
- Substantial evidence supports that ingesting activated charcoal can effectively reduce bloating and gas.
- Charcoal contains many anti-aging properties! When used on the skin, it helps brighten and tighten the skin giving the skin a more youthful look.
- Charcoal has been studied for its ability to lower cholesterol by trapping cholesterol acid in the stomach and preventing absorption.
- Charcoal cleans the skin by acting as a magnet for impurities deep in your pores.
- Activated Charcoal is said to have antibacterial, antiviral, and oral detoxification properties resulting in bright white teeth. Charcoal can be purchased in powder form and can be applied directly to your toothbrush for an all-natural toothpaste. There are also several brands of toothpaste made with charcoal.
How to Incorporate Activated Charcoal in Your Wellness Routine:
Charcoal Tea: The Republic of Tea U-Matcha Charcoal Tea, 1.5 Ounces / 20+ Cups, Activated Charcoal and Matcha Tea Powder (click here)
Charcoal Supplement: Amy Myers MC Coconut Charcoal Supplements (click here)
Charcoal Face Wash: Beauty Corner Charcoal Essentials (click here)
Charcoal Face Mask: Patyka Detox Charcoal Masks (click here)
Charcoal Toothpaste: Moon Activated Charcoal Fluoride-free Whitening Toothpaste (click here)
Charcoal Teeth Whitening: iSmile Activated Charcoal Powder (click here)