Tired of overthinking what gift to give your new beau? If so, you’re not alone. Many women who have a gift giving opportunity may realize that they have no idea what kind of gift is appropriate to give. It’s easy to get trapped in a maze of questions like…
- What’s too expensive?
- What’s overboard?
- How long should I spend on searching for a gift?
- Am I being too cheap?
These types of questions are common when a relationship is new. Unless you are head over heels in love or have been together for a long time, it’s probably a good idea to not go overboard on gifts.
Take heed to this gift guide for the relationship ranging from 1 to 3 months.
Dating less than 1 month
If you’ve been dating for less than a month, you can give…
- Nothing. That’s right absolutely nothing. This takes pressure off of you and him.
- A card. A birthday or other celebratory card is a nice gesture.
- Something baked. This is a low commitment gift that’s actually a nice gesture.
Dating 1 to 3 months
If you’ve been dating anywhere from 1 to 3 months, you can give…
- Concert tickets. By now, you probably know his taste in music. This is a great opportunity to get concert tickets that he’d enjoy – and you can likely spend in your budget range.
- Gift card to his favorite eating spot. Get him a gift card to one of his favorite restaurants.
- Tickets for love. Get in touch with your creative side and make him a coupon book – free massages, breakfast in bed, or a night out at his favorite bar.