If there’s a celebrity you’re going to take advice from when it comes to healthy living and eating, one of them should be Kourtney Kardashian. Say what you will about her, but she knows a thing or two about how to eat clean. From her Manuka honey hack as a natural replacement for sugar, to her big push for an anti-inflammatory diet, this woman’s well on track when it comes to a healthy diet.
If you want to go on a detox without starving yourself with smoothies and kale, you might enjoy what Kardashian has suggested for detoxing. She often shares what she’s eating and in one of her posts she shared her detox plan. She said, “When I’m trying to get healthy, this is my go-to salad because it’s light, has protein, and is full of omega-3s”.
The recipe is simple. There’s lettuce, salmon, avocado, cucumber, carrots, olive oil, Himalayan salt, and lemon juice. She tops it all off with a homemade salad dressing that takes all of 5 minutes to whip up. Here’s the recipe Kourtney uses when she’s giving her digestive system a break.
• 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, chopped
• 1 lb. of skinless, center-cut salmon
• 1 large avocado
• Himalayan sea salt and fresh ground black pepper for seasoning
• 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
• 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
• 2 Tbsp. olive oil
• Juice from one lemon
• 1/8 cup rice wine vinegar
• 1 shallot clove, diced
• 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
• 1 tsp Himalayan salt
• 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
• 2 tsp tahini
• 1/2 cup sesame oil
1. Drizzle juice from one lemon on top of salmon, and season with salt and pepper. Let sit for 10 minutes.
2. Heat frying pan to medium with two tablespoons of olive oil. Cook salmon until opaque. Only flip once—there should be about eight minutes total cooking time.
3. Place to the side, and let rest for about five minutes. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and complete with the salmon filet on top.