There are a ton of different ways to enjoy fresh strawberries this summer, so here are just a few of our favorite (and super simple) strawberry recipes that are sure to be crowd-pleasers.
This strawberry brownie recipe from Fantabulosity starts with a simple cake mix and ends up as delectable, melt-in-your-mouth treats topped with strawberry glaze.
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp strawberry preserves or jam
- 1½ Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-by-8-inch pan with nonstick spray or line with foil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix strawberry cake mix, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Press into the prepared pan. Bake 18-22 minutes, until just done. Let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, strawberry jam, and milk. Spread over the cooled strawberry brownies.
Savory, sweet, and jam-packed with flavor, this strawberry salsa recipe from Isabel Eats tastes delicious on tacos and grilled meats.
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, loosely packed
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 small pinch salt
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl. Toss together until combined.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Strawberry Shortcake Puffs
Think: classic strawberry shortcake with a light, airy, and elegant twist. We love this recipe from Taste of Home.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup plus 3 Tbsp sugar, divided
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll puff pastry to a 10-inch square; cut into 12 rectangles (approximately 3-by-2½ inches). Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, toss strawberries with ¼ cup sugar. Let stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. In another bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla and remaining sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- To serve, split pastries horizontally in half. Top each bottom half with 2 Tbsp whipped cream and 1 Tbsp strawberries; replace top half. Top with remaining whipped cream and strawberries.
3-Ingredient Strawberry Icebox Cake
A cake that consists of only three ingredients? Count us in! Whipped cream makes this dish from Tasty light, graham crackers give it some crunch, and the strawberries are just a little taste of perfection.
- 5 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 11 large rectangular graham crackers
- 3 cups strawberry, chopped
- Spread a thin layer of whipped cream in a square glass baking dish.
- Layer graham crackers on top, then cover with a layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle ⅓ of the strawberries on top, then layer with cream again.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until no more ingredients remain. (The top layer should be strawberries and not covered with cream.)
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Whipped Strawberry Butter
The only way to describe this Barefeet in the Kitchen recipe is: “butter but make it fashion.” This fluffy, creamy, sweet butter is incredible on toast, scones, pancakes, muffins, and just about anything else you want.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 Tbsp water
- 8 strawberries, chopped and mashed (½ cups worth of liquid and purée)
- ¼ cup honey
- Place butter and water in a mixing bowl and beat on high until well combined and fluffy, at least 3 minutes. Scrape the sides as needed.
- Add smashed strawberries and their liquid to butter and beat again until combined, about 2 minutes. Add honey and beat until light and fluffy, 2-3 more minutes.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until needed. Let soften at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.