As exciting as creating a baby registry may seem, from envisioning what your little one’s room will look like to how precious they’ll be in their tiny shoes, it can still feel like a lot. And you probably have a ton of questions! Where is the best place to set up a registry? Do I need to include basics like diapers and wipes? Is it frowned upon to include pricier items? So sit back and relax because we’ve got all the answers, plus a few extra tips that will make you feel much more confident about your baby registering abilities.
Register Both In-Store and Online
Since retailers often offer different things in-store versus online, it’s good to register on both formats. Plus, while some people prefer the ease of online shopping, others like to head to the store to pick out their gifts.
Never Fear; Amazon Is Here
Amazon Baby Registry is a great place to register because…what can’t you buy on Amazon?
Gender Neutral for Big Stuff
For bigger items like cribs and strollers, register for gender-neutral colors and designs so you can reuse them if you have another baby later on.
Price Point Variety
Don’t feel bad about including pricier pieces on your registry, as well as more affordable items. You never know what someone is willing to spend.
Take Your Time
It’s natural to feel overwhelmed when creating a baby registry for the first time, so just know that it doesn’t have to be done in one sitting. This way, you won’t feel rushed, and you’ll be able to double- and triple-check you’ve included everything.
The Long Haul
Sure, it’s easy to think about what your baby will need as a newborn, but babies grow fast, so be sure to include some items you’ll need three, six, or even 18 months from now.
If there are certain books or art prints you want, you can add those to your registry. People often don’t think about these things but love to give them as gifts.
What to Put on a Baby Registry
It’s the million-dollar question, and we’ve got the answer!
- Bath Time: Baby tub, hooded towels, washcloths, baby shampoo and soap, and baby-safe lotion.
- Bedtime: Crib and mattress, fitted sheets, and waterproof mattress cover.
- Clothing: Elastic-waist trousers, footed and non-footed pajamas, socks, short- and long-sleeve onesies, swaddling blankets, hats, soft-soled shoes, light sweaters or zip-up hoodies, and baby-safe laundry detergent.
- Everyday: Diapers, diaper pail, baby wipes, diaper cream, burp cloths, bassinet, changing table, baby monitor, nightlight, rocking chair, white noise machine, and storage bins.
- Feeding: Breast pump, extra pump parts, breast milk freezer bags, nursing pillow, nursing bras, nipple cream, nursing cover, baby bottles and nipples, bottle brushes, bottle drying rack, high chair, and bibs.
- Medical: Baby-safe nail trimmer, thermometer, rubbing alcohol pads, saline nasal drops, and suction bulb.
- Playtime: Books, swing or bouncer, activity mat, soft or wooden blocks, teething toys, rattles, stuffed animals.
- Travel: Car seat, stroller, baby carrier, diaper bag, and portable changing pad.
Did we miss any baby registry essentials? Share your ideas with us in the comments below!