Curious whether or not your partner is having an emotional affair? Do you know what an emotional affair is? An emotional affair is one where your partner is emotionally involved with someone to the point where they may start to like, love, or care about them more than you.
They are harder to pinpoint than a physical affair because of the lack of “physical evidence”, but can hurt just as worst. So, how do you know if your partner is having an emotional affair? Take a look at these signs that there might be something fishy going on…
- Your partner and the other person are awkward when they see each other in person. Maybe they are flirtatious, highly affectionate or hold long eye contact.
- You notice that they are becoming more and more physically distant from you. A sign that your partner is becoming interested in someone else is if you notice they are pulling away from you. If they are pulling away from you, chances are, they are getting closer to the other person.
- They keep their phone with them most of the time. If they used to leave their phone all over the house, and now they keep it with them all the time, and get upset when you touch it, that’s a sign that they are hiding something.
- They don’t want to talk about the other person. If you two are okay talking about everyone else except that person, that’s a sign that your partner wants to protect them.
- They don’t want to share details about where they went. Not that they have to share every single detail with you, but if your partner used to share info about their day with you and now they have short answers, that could be a sign of an emotional affair.