Drinking lemon-infused water is a great way to add a twist to your hydration while making you healthier.
Lemons have quite a lengthy list of benefits, and not only do they add a refreshing zing to your water, they also make this drink the perfect Pinterest-ready refresher to serve to those friends in your quarantine bubble. Here’s what makes lemon water so beloved:
Yes, drinking lemon water can help with losing weight! Two factors can aid in weight loss when drinking lemon water.
- Lemons are high in pectin, which helps suppress appetite so you eat/snack a little less. Pectin is also a good source of dietary fiber and has powerful antibacterial properties.
- Lemon water keeps your colon clean. Simply put, any toxins and waste you eliminate translate into weight loss.
If you struggle with splotchy, stressed-out skin, lemon water might be your savior. Lemons are high in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that is important for healing acne scars and minimizing wrinkles and blemishes. Plus, lemons are much cheaper than those fancy retinol serums.
You’re probably tired of hearing “drink more water” when it comes to skincare advice, but there’s a reason for the repetition. Your body uses water to flush out toxins, so without plenty of water, toxins build up and cause trouble like breakouts. Yes, it’s really true—clear skin can be as affordable as a cup of water. If you drink more water when your water tastes fresh and lemony, all the better!
Everyone knows vitamin C helps fight off colds. Lemons are also high in potassium, which nourishes the brain and nerve cells. That cute cup of lemon water is actually a crucial part of keeping yourself healthy.
Other Lemon Water Benefits
- Balances and maintains the pH level of your body.
- Excellent source of citric acid, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium.
- An anti-inflammatory that can reduce joint pain or inflammation-related illness.
- Freshens breath and fights gingivitis.
- Boosts eye health and combats other eye issues.
- Supports digestion by loosening toxins from the digestive tract.
It’s safe to say that there are many reasons you should incorporate lemon water into your daily routine. Just make sure you soak the uncut lemons first to remove any outer pesticides or buy them organic. You can also try your hand at a citrus water mixture by adding other fruits, like grapefruit or limes, for similar benefits.