We all know (and worship) Queen Aubrey Plaza, right? In case you aren’t familiar, she plays the notorious April Ludgate (aka Janet Snakehole) on the hit show Parks and Recreation and makes appearances on shows such as Criminal Minds and Drunk History. She’s always killing it, and we’re here to cheer her on.
Check out her instagram, here.
While we can’t confirm or deny whether she claims the title ‘fashionista’, we can confirm this girl has style to match her wit. We’ve scoured her Instagram, chosen our favorite outfits, and put our Rethink Beautiful spin on them. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, right? So if you’ve been feeling a little uninspired, let us (and Aubrey) be your guide.
- Throwin’ it back a little, but can you blame us? This classic mini skirt and boatneck top combination is the effortlessly chic style we’ve come to expect and love from Plaza.
For our take on this Aubrey classic, we paired a button-front mini skirt with an oversized black sweater. We’re kinda living for it.
- Janet Snakehole, but make it fashion.
Who doesn’t need a slinky black dress and some pointed-toe shoes for everyday lounging? We paired a slip dress with an oversized cardigan and some slip-on mules for a slightly more casual look.
- Aubrey is giving us some sweet 90s vibes here, and we’re loving every second of it.
We love a plaid jumper, so we paired this one with a turtleneck for a different take on a 90s look.
- What’s not to love about this? The color? Perfection. The ribbed detail? Beautiful. The fit? Couldn’t be better.
We took a ribbed maxi dress and paired it with some Docs and a denim jacket.
- Oh, it’s just Aubrey Plaza wearing a basic black top and skinnies and looking stunning.
We opted to pair a black eyelet top with skinnies and a fun nude sandal to attempt a riff on this perfectly executed minimalist ensemble. French tuck the top to take your entire outfit up a notch.
- We adore this black mini skirt and patterned top combination so much so that we knew we needed a version of it as soon as we saw it. (Just look at those fun sleeves!) It beats the oversized sweats we’ve been kickin’ in for a couple of days now.
We didn’t stray too far from the original here—we took a patterned top with some fun details and paired it with a simple black mini.
- We can’t decide if we love the floral print or the statement collar more. Is both an answer? Statement collars were all over the 2021 runways for spring and summer, so it’s safe to say we’ll probably be seeing more of these darling details all over dresses and tops.
Why mess with perfection? Here are a few dresses with statement collars that we LOVE.