Fall is here and that means so are pumpkin spice lattes. There’s something about a warm PSL on a crisp fall morning that’s just so cozy. While we’d love to run to Starbucks or our local coffee shop every morning, sometimes that isn’t possible. So instead of spending money on pumpkin spice lattes this season, make your own at home! Add these items to your grocery list and get ready to indulge in fall’s coziest beverage.
Here’s how to make a pumpkin spice latte at home:
– Milk (oat or almond milk are our favorite milk alternatives)
– Brewed coffee or espresso
– Pumpkin puree
- Brew your coffee or espresso.
- Pro tip: If you like a hint of vanilla, try using vanilla coffee beans. So. Good.
- In a small pan, pour in ½ cup milk.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pumpkin puree, 1 tsp of honey (for a little sweetness), and ½ tsp of cinnamon. Mix well and heat on low just until warm.
- Pour your pumpkin spice mixture over your coffee or espresso in your favorite mug,
- add whipped cream, a dash of cinnamon on top, and enjoy!
Note: This recipe is also excellent iced. For the iced version, don’t put the pumpkin spice mixture on the stove. Mix the above ingredients in the amounts that steps 1-5 describes, and pour over a cold brew with ice for a chilled autumn treat that’s perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up.
This pumpkin spice latte is on repeat at Rethink Beautiful, and it’s so delicious. For all the fall feels, pour yourself a latte, light your pumpkin candle, and curl up on the sofa with your favorite movie or book. Happy fall!