So, you’re at your local nail salon, getting that much-needed manicure, and your nail technician asks, “Square or round?” It’s not a complicated question, though it’s one of those things that makes us stop and think twice. Is there a right answer? Below, we’ll discuss the seemingly age-old debate: square vs. round nails!
Those who choose round nails usually wear them on the shorter side because the nail edges mirror the nail’s natural shape. Choose round nails if:
- You want your fingers to look longer.
- You prefer a more low-maintenance option.
- You work with your hands often.
- Your nails break easily.
Square nails can be worn long or short, though a short square nail can make shorter fingers appear stubby. Choose square nails if:
- You have slim fingers and smaller nail beds.
- You prefer your nails to be long.
- You want your nails to be strong.
- You like to experiment with nail art.
As a bonus round, we’ll quickly talk about squoval nails, a combination of round and square. They are universally flattering for all nail types. Choose squoval nails if:
- You can’t decide between square and round nails.
- You want nails that are less likely to break.
- You prefer to do your nails yourself at home.
What’s your preference? Square? Round? Squoval? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below.