As we enter the fall season, we start anticipating the delicious fall-inspired lattes we can purchase or make at home. Below are some latte recipes we encourage you to try – you won’t regret it!
If your favorite s’more latte is the Starbucks version, we invite you to try making it at home.
- 2 cups hot brewed medium-roast coffee
- 1 cup 2% milk (or dairy-free milk)
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup, divided
- ½ cup mini marshmallows, divided
- ½ cup whipped cream (skip for dairy-free version)
- 2 crushed graham cracker squares
- 1 oz semi-sweet chocolate bar
- Heat milk in a saucepan (or use a frother) and set over medium-low heat; stir for 3 to 5 minutes. Froth with a whisk.
- Add coffee, chocolate syrup, and marshmallows (tip: broil marshmallows on a foil-lined baking sheet for 30-60 seconds or until lightly toasted). Add frothed milk. Top with whipped cream.
- Garnish with graham crackers, chocolate bar, and marshmallows. Drizzle chocolate syrup.
Butterscotch has a buttery-creamy flavor reminiscent of Dulce de Leche but not as sweet. It is the perfect flavoring for a fall latte! Check out this recipe from Snacks and Sips.
- 2 oz espresso
- 1 cup milk (or dairy-free substitute)
- 1-2 Tbsp butterscotch sauce
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm milk for about 5 minutes; stir regularly.
- Pour espresso, butterscotch sauce, and milk into a mug. Stir and serve.
Apple Spice Maple Latte
Nothing says fall like apple spice or hot apple cider. One of our favorite recipes is this apple spice maple latte from Cora.
- ¾ oz apple syrup
- ¼ oz maple spice syrup
- 2 shots espresso
- 1 cup whole (or dairy-free) milk
- Combine all ingredients (except milk)
- Stir together and set aside.
- Steam milk in a pitcher (or frother)
- Pour steamed milk over combined ingredients and garnish with cinnamon.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
We can’t make a list of fall lattes without including a pumpkin spice recipe. It is a fall favorite! We hope you try to make this Kitchn recipe.
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin purée
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (plus some for garnish)
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 to 2 shots espresso or ⅓ to ½ cup dark roast
- Whipped cream to top off
- Add pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, and black pepper in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring until it’s hot and smells cooked, approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir until the mixture bubbles and is syrupy.
- Whisk in the milk and vanilla and warm gently, stirring often, making sure it doesn’t boil over.
- Carefully process the mixture with a hand blender or in a traditional blender until frothy and blended (or use frother).
- Make the espresso or coffee and divide between two mugs. Add the frothed milk and pumpkin mixture. Top with the whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, or nutmeg, if desired.
Do you have a favorite fall latte recipe? Share it with us in the comments below!